ABOUT SOUTHWEST DENTAL PLAN
Southwest Dental Plan is an innovative dental plan that provides members with
significant savings on dental services in participating dental offices.
It is an easily accessible plan offering a complete
package of reduced fees for virtually all your
dental needs, making quality dentistry affordable. Southwest Dental Plan covers
specialty care, such as Endodontics, Periodontics, Oral
Surgery, TMJ, and Orthodontia.
Southwest Dental Plan is not insurance. It is a discount dental plan in which participating
dental providers have agreed to provide plan members with dental
services at reduced fees.
The plan may be used after you have reached your maximum coverage
your current dental plan, or when any procedure is
not covered by your dental insurance provider.
Membership with the Southwest Dental Plan becomes effective the same day the
enrollment application and membership fee are processed. You will receive your membership
information package and card within 5 to 7 business days from the processing of your application. If you have an emergency before
receiving your membership package, simply call (480) 768-3956 and we will confirm
Limitations and Exclusions
- Refunds on purchases of the Southwest Dental Plan will not be made after 45
days from the date of purchase
of the Southwest Dental Plan. If the plan is cancelled within the first
a $10 administrative fee will
from the refund and the patient will be billed the usual and customary
charges for all procedures performed prior to the cancellation.
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medications are not covered.
- Services provided by non-participating dental providers are not a covered benefit.
- Dental care payments covered by any other plan or agency can not be duplicated or combined.
- Loss or theft of any dental appliance is not covered.
- Failure to follow prescribed dental procedures may incur additional fees.
- Out-of-area emergencies are not a covered benefit.
- Only procedures performed at contracted offices are covered under this plan.
- Southwest Dental Plan is a reduced fee dental plan: it is not insurance.